Thank you so much to coalescedreverie for nominating me! I feel so chuffed! This is my first nomination ever and the acknowledgment is lovely. Unfortunately I am unable to follow all the rules simply out of ignorance. I have tried everything but don’t know how to display the award logo or copy a link. Sorry! Perhaps the first thing you need to know about me is that my computer skills are reasonably basic, haha!
The rules for winning this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to his or her blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Provide 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are 7 facts about me:
1. I met my husband on an online dating site. We chatted for about three weeks before meeting in person. The night we met up my cousin drove past the restaurant to check him out and I had an emergency ‘get me outta here’ plan incase the date was a complete disaster. The plan was that my cousin phoned early in the evening to say there was an emergency at home, so that I could ‘legitimately’ excuse myself if I needed to. Needless to say we were each the first people we had met face to face and we got on like a house on fire and laughed all evening. I ignored the emergency call and texted my cousin to say all was great. We have been together ever since.
2. As a teenager and young adult I was passionate about ballet and modern dancing and spent all my free time in classes. When I left school I was accepted by a performing arts school and very nearly pursued a career in dance. I made the more sensible choice and went to university but whilst there I qualified as a modern dance teacher. I have never used this qualification but I regularly dream that I am dancing again and always wake up feeling vaguely sad.
3. I have two recurring nightmares which I have had for many, many years. The one is that my teeth are crumbling and falling out, and the other is that I have to rewrite my final school exams now as an adult but I can’t remember anything. I always wake up feeling extremely relieved that it was only a dream.
4. I am a genuine introvert in that I love to be with people but I also find social interaction exhausting and need a fair amount of time alone to recharge. Fortunately my job allows me to spend most mornings at home and I relish the peace and quiet this affords.
5. I love to be creative and make things with my hands. I also collect Christmas decorations and without being arrogant, have the most beautiful Christmas tree once all the decorations are up. I also love Christmas and am very sentimental about it. For the last couple of years I have made personalized Christmas decorations for all my loved ones. This year I’m going to enjoy making one for my newest little niece. I dream of the day when I can make for my own children.
6. I lived in London for two and a half years and absolutely loved it. I probably wouldn’t have left except my visa ran out. At the end of my stay I did some care work, living and caring for elderly ladies in their homes. It wasn’t a good experience for me for various reasons but the real low point was caring for an elderly alcoholic. She would drink sherry all day and be drunk and aggressive by evening. The one evening she chased me around the house with her walking stick, then made me change her nappy and then wouldn’t allow me to use the toilet (incase I fell down the stairs!). She made me use a potty in my room. I left the very next morning and came back to South Africa soon afterwards. The money I made did enable me to do a two month trip through Asia though, so it wasn’t all bad.
7. I love traveling and experiencing new cultures and find it so liberating to be in places where I am unknown and can explore. It is not so easy to travel abroad from South Africa as our exchange rate is so poor and therefore makes overseas travel quite expensive. Luckily my husband and I earn reasonably well and have been fortunate enough to have some lovely holidays together. As we all know there are many difficult aspects to infertility but something I am finding very frustrating right now is that we cannot plan a holiday as we normally would in December because we don’t know how many treatments we will need and have to save all our money. It feels like a double whammy to have had such a hard and stressful year (again!), and then be unable to escape for some time out because of finances. Oh well, it will be totally worth the sacrifice to hold our bubba one day.
It’s really tricky for me to nominate 15 other bloggers as I think most of the people I follow have been nominated already! If you haven’t been nominated, please jump on board and join in…. I appreciate all the lovely ladies I follow and would love to know more about you.
Ps. If someone can advise me on how to display the award logo, I will do so. Thanks!